The Office of Information Technology (OIT) will ensure that Kutztown University provides a secure, reliable, and integrated technology environment that supports the University's mission to provide a high-quality education that will prepare students to meet lifelong intellectual, ethical, social, and career challenges. The Office of Information Technology will deliver superior service, up-to-date technology, and expert staffing in support of this mission.
Our values serve as a compass for our actions and describe how we perform our duties.
- We are Accountable.
Every OIT team member has a clear understanding of their job expectations. Everyone in OIT owns their position and takes the responsibility to meet or exceed our performance standards.
- We are Open.
OIT is committed to operating using an approach that builds on the organizational best practices of communication, transparency, and trust.
- We are Inclusive.
OIT is committed to ensuring that all team members respect our clients and one another.
- We are Transformative.
OIT is committed to being an interactive, flexible, and adaptable organization that enables KU to not only reach its strategic goals, but also enables us to meet the dynamic challenges through innovation, agility, and trust.
- Engaging in strategic planning, oversight and direction of KU’s IT infrastructure, resources and services.
- Consulting with academic and administrative units to evaluate their IT requirements and requests.
- Managing KU's central IT infrastructure and services.
- Providing technology tools and resources for KU students, faculty and staff.
- Working with the President, Provost and appropriate governance committees to determine IT strategies, policies, priorities and resource allocations.
- Protecting the data of all users by providing and maintaining a secure and compliant technology environment.
- Representing KU’s IT interests within the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education.
The Office of Information Technology organization is comprised of the following areas:
- Systems Administration
- Support Services
- Enterprise Software Development
- Cyber Security
- Distance Education