Faculty and staff can prepare for the possibility of disruptions to classes and campus operations by becoming familiar with the technology tools that make it possible to learn and work when you can’t get to campus.
For more information about your specific departmental needs, contact IT Help Center @ 610-683-1511 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Connect Remotely to the KU Network
If you are working from home, you must use a secure virtual private network (VPN), an application installed on your device that establishes a secure connection and enables you to access your files, work computer or systems and other resources on the KU network.
Log into our Downloads page to download the KU VPN client.
Please note that a VPN connection is not needed for web-based KU resources and services, such as Office365, D2L, Zoom, and MyKU.
Cyber Security for faculty and staff
Verifying your identity using DUO 2SA prevents anyone but you from logging into your account, even if they know your password. Please review the instructions in our Solution Center article and have your DUO 2-Step Authentication device available when logging in. For instructions on how to utilize DUO 2SA with VPN please see our Soultions Center article.
Store your files online to easily access them remotely
Using Office365 and OneDrive you can keep your files in the cloud so that you can access them from remote locations. Visit the IT Solutions Center for more information.
Software for Home Use
KU has software licenses that are available for free or at a minimal cost simply by visiting our Downloads page. When prompted, please sign in using your KU Email Address and Password.
Software such as Windows 10 are available at a minimal cost in the KU Campus Store. These licenses are only available while attending or working at Kutztown University. Once an Employee leaves KU, the licenses will no longer be valid.
For Adobe products and Microsoft Office, please contact the IT Help Center at 610-683-1511 or email email@example.com.
Collaborate with Others Using Online Productivity Platforms
Collaboration platforms, such as Office365, empower you to work with peers from different locations, and since your work is stored in the cloud you can access it from anywhere you have an internet connection. For more information about using Office 365 please visit our Office 365 page or contact the IT Help Center at 610-683-1511 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet Virtually with Video, Voice, and Chat
Web-based video conferencing and online chat platforms are available for you to connect with your students and colleagues.
Zoom and Teams Videoconferencing
- Online classes, webinars, lectures. Host live web broadcasts to students or colleagues worldwide and record to the cloud or computer. Zoom provides meetings of unlimited time duration for up to 300 participants.
- Office hours, study groups, meetings, collaboration: With both Zoom and Teams you can share screens, give Powerpoint presentations or have real-time video conversations for office hours, study groups or collaboration.
- Mobile Zoom and Teams: Use the Zoom and Teams apps for iPhone, iPad, or Android for chat and video conference on the go!
Zoom in the Apple App Store and Google Play
Teams in the Apple App Store and Google Play
- Phone conference line: Use Zoom the phone conference option — included with your Zoom account — so participants can join meetings by phone.
- FERPA/HIPAA: Both Zoom and Teams are aligned with Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), a federal law that protects the privacy of student educational records and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), a federal law that protects the privacy of medical information.
- Learn how to use it: Instructions on how to use Zoom and Teams are available in our Learning Technologies Solution Center.
- Microsoft Teams: Part of Office 365, Teams offers chat-based workspace for real-time collaboration, communication, meetings, file and app sharing; Teams is both FERPA and HIPAA aligned.
Get Help from the KU Help Center
For assistance with your work from home setup please contact the IT Help Center at 610-683-1511 or email email@example.com.