College of Business - Learning Outcomes
BSBA in General Business/Core
- Oral Communication: Communicate effectively by speaking clearly, concisely and convincingly, using appropriate business conventions for the fields of study.
- Written Communication: Communicate effectively by writing clearly, concisely and convincingly, using appropriate business conventions for the field of study.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills, especially working in teams.
- Critical Thinking: Data Analysis. Analyze data by using appropriate technology.
- Critical Thinking: Decision Making. Analyze issues critically and make relevant decisions by identifying and assessing the significance of key factors and assumptions.
- Functional Knowledge: Identity, define and apply current fundamental concepts, principles, and practices in the disciplines of business, including globalization.
- Current Issues: Demonstrate knowledge of current business issues.
- Ethics: Evaluate ethical, social responsibility and sustainability implications of business decisions.
BSBA in Accounting
- Reporting Framework: Create financial statements that are useful to external decision-makers by applying an appropriate reporting framework (e.g., generally accepted accounting principles).
- Effective Business Decisions: Analyze and evaluate problems to facilitate effective business decisions.
- Solve Accounting Problems: Apply research skills and technological tools to solve accounting problems.
- Ethical Practices: Recognize ethical issues and understand the impact of professionalization in making critical accounting and business judgments.
BSBA in Finance
- Estimate and Evaluate: Identify the inputs needed to value a financial asset and apply a valuation methodology to estimate an asset's intrinsic value.
- Summarize and Interpret: Summarize the historic risk-versus-return relationship for financial assets and interpret various measures of risk and reward.
- Assess and Justify: Assess the inputs needed and justify the decision-making methodologies used to determine if resources should be allocated to an investment opportunity.
- Justify and Consider: Justify the purpose and consider the operations of financial markets and institutions.
BSBA in Management
- Understand and apply human resource management principles, concepts, and paradigms, especially in the areas of recruiting, staffing, training, retention, evaluation, and compensation.
- Apply theories of individual and group behavior, i.e., personality, motivation, leadership, and communication to organizational settings and environments.
- Examine, analyze and apply the principles of ethics to the relevant issues of the business of society interface.
- Recognize, analyze, evaluate and solve strategic challenges in organizations.
BSBA in Marketing
1. Understand basic marketing principles and be able to apply them in a global context.
2. Utilize analytical research techniques to understand the nature of consumers.
3. Analyze environmental forces and develop plans to utilize marketing principles in order to solve problems.
4. Demonstrate the added value of social responsibility that comes about when marketing principles are implemented in an ethical manner.
BSBA in Personal Financial Planning
- Demonstrate Understanding: Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the content found within the Financial Planning curriculum and effectively apply and integrate this information in the foundation of a financial plan.
- Communicate: Effectively communicate the financial plan, both orally and in writing, including information based on research, peer, colleague or simulated client interaction and/or results emanating from synthesis of material.
- Collect: Collect all necessary and relevant qualitative and quantitative information required to develop a financial plan.
- Analyze and Evaluate: Analyze personal financial situations, evaluating clients' objectives, needs, and values to develop an appropriate strategy within the financial plan.
- Logic and Reasoning: Demonstrate logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of various approaches to a specific problem.
- Evaluate: Evaluate the impact of economic, political, and regulatory issues with regard to the financial plan.
- Apply: Apply the CFP Board Financial Planning Practice Standards to the financial planning process.
- Analyze and Recommend: Analyze a client's risk propensity, attitudes, capacity, knowledge, and needs.
BSBA in Supply Chain Management
- Understand the concepts and principles of supply chain management.
- Apply the analytic skills and information technology to examine the current processes and to increase the efficiency of a supply chain.
- Appraise how the environmental forces (such as technological, economic and political forces)
- Evaluate the principles and strategy to establish efficient, effective and sustainable supply chain.
BS in Sport Management
- Fundamentals: Demonstrate basic knowledge and understanding of fundamental principles requisite for professional success in the sport management profession.
- Ethical Practices: Demonstrate the ability to make sound ethical decisions in sport management profession.
- Problem Solving: Demonstrate the ability to solve problems inherent in the sport business industry.
- Oral Communication: Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in oral formats utilized in the sport management profession.
- Written Communication: Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in written formats utilized in the sport management profession.
- Global Scope: Demonstrate the ability to articulate the global scope of sport.
MBA - Master of Business Administration
- Decision Making: Demonstrate the ability to manage business information in support of decision making.
- Evaluate: Synthesize functional business knowledge and employ analytical skills to evaluate problems, opportunities, create solutions and make decisions.
- Ethics: Demonstrate ethical and socially responsible reasoning when making recommendations and decisions.
- Interpersonal and Team Skills: Demonstrate effective interpersonal and team skills.
- Leadership: Apply leadership skills to work effectively in a diverse environment.