Accounting / Finance Graduate Assistant Position
The Kutztown University Small Business Development Center IS currently accepting applications for this position.
SMALL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT CENTER
TITLE: Accounting/Finance Student
REPORTS TO: Director/ Associate Director SBDC
PURPOSE: The position is responsible for assisting potential entrepreneurs and existing small business owners with their business plans/Pitch and with assisting clients in obtaining financial or other technical information that is beneficial to them. This position will also gain a strong understanding of federal and state grant programs, higher education and not-for-profit accounting systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for assisting potential entrepreneurs with their business plans/Pitch and for assisting clients in obtaining financial or other technical information that is beneficial to them under the supervision of the Business Financial Manager.
- Provide coverage and assistance to clients attending the SBDC Learning Programs under the supervision of the Business Financial Manager.
- Conduct client interviews, monitor client/business progress, assist in client assessment of business, and make recommendations regarding problem areas with SBDC pre-venture clients under the supervision of the Business Financial Manager.
- Assist pre-venture clients in the preparation of business financials, business plans/Pitch under the supervision of the Business Financial Manager.
- Responsible for collecting client information, creating client files, and managing client work for entrepreneurs and small business owners attending the SBDC Learning Programs.
- Some travel may be required to help staff at the outreach offices.
- Use computer system to conduct business analyses; maintenance of consulting activity records, and preparation of routine and special activity reports. Use on-line databases and various software applications to provide management, accounting, financial, personnel, marketing, registration, and other miscellaneous information for clients under the supervision of the Business Financial Manager.
- Responsible for capturing client and milestone information for the SBDC by collecting and entering the data into Neoserra CRM System.
- Be familiar with and interface directly with SBDC specialty programs, including International Trade, Government Procurement, Technology Commercialization, Environmental Management, the Product Development Center, and any new program that is developed. Be familiar with community programs targeted toward lending opportunities and coordinate, when necessary, loan packaging, financial analysis, and proposal information to generate small business financing.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Problem Solving Skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Ability to effectively learn and acquire new knowledge and skills.
- Ability to share knowledge and work in a strong team oriented environment.
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work in a fast paced, diverse and dynamic environment
- Some travel may be required
- Additional course work in entrepreneurship and/or business planning.
- Some previous work experience in a small to medium- sized business
The Kutztown University Small Business Development Center is NOT currently accepting applications for this position.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me:
Ms. Sonya Smith
Associate State Director of Programs & Policy