Graduate Consultant Position
SMALL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT CENTER
TITLE: Graduate Consultant (Associate Business Consultant)
REPORTS TO: Associate State Director of Programs & Policy and/or a Consulting Specialist, SBDC
PURPOSE: The position is responsible for assisting potential entrepreneurs and existing small business owners a with their business plans/Pitch and with assisting clients in obtaining marketing or other technical information that is beneficial to them. The graduate consultant is also responsible for assisting SBDC consultants with pre-venture client work.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for assisting potential entrepreneurs with their business plans/Pitch and for assisting clients in obtaining marketing or other technical information that is beneficial to them.
- Provide coverage and assistance to clients attending the SBDC Learning Programs.
- Conduct client interviews, monitor client/business progress, assist in client assessment of business, and make recommendations regarding problem areas with SBDC pre-venture clients under the supervision of the Associate State Director of Programs & Policy and/or a Consulting Specialist, SBDC
- Assist pre-venture clients in the preparation of marketing, business plans/Pitch, and financial projection.
- Responsible for collecting client information, creating client files, and managing client work for entrepreneurs and small business owners attending the SBDC Learning Programs.
- Assist with photocopying, filing, collating, mailing, and other office duties as assigned by the Associate State Director of Programs & Policy and/or a Consulting Specialist, SBDC
- Some travel is required to help staff at the outreach offices.
- Use computer system to conduct business analyses; maintenance of consulting activity records, and preparation of routine and special activity reports. Use online databases and various software applications to provide management, accounting, financial, personnel, marketing, registration, and other miscellaneous information for clients under the supervision of Associate State Director of Programs & Policy and/or a Consulting Specialist, SBDC
- Responsible for capturing client and milestone information for the SBDC by collecting and entering the data into Neoserra CRM.
- Coordinate the applicability and referral of SBDC clients to various programs tied to Center activities and/or funding as well as referrals to outside organizations, which have the ability to assist the client.
- Be familiar with and interface directly with SBDC specialty programs, including International Trade, Government Procurement, Technology Commercialization, Environmental Management, the Product Development Center, and any new program that is developed. Be familiar with community programs targeted toward lending opportunities and coordinate, when necessary, loan packaging, financial analysis, and proposal information to generate small business financing.
QUALIFICATIONS: Enrolled in a Master's degree program and in good standing at Kutztown University. A valid driver's license and F1-Visa is required before work can commence.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me:
Mrs. Kecia Sturdivant
Kutztown SBDC Assistant Director
The Kutztown SBDC is partially funded by a grant from the Department of Community & Economic Development and by the U.S. Small Business Administration under Cooperative Agreement No. 4-603001-Z-0040-24. The support given by the U.S. Small Business Administration through such funding does not constitute an express or implied endorsement of any of the cosponsor(s)’ or participants’ opinions, findings, conclusions, recommendations, products, or services.
Funding support and resources are provided by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania through the Department of Community & Economic Development; through a cooperative agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration; and in part through support from Kutztown University. All services are extended to the public on a non-discriminatory basis. Special arrangements for persons with disabilities can be made by calling 215-204-7282. All opinions, conclusions or recommendations expressed are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the SBA. SBDC services are not available to individuals or entities that have been debarred or suspended by the federal government. By agreeing to receive assistance from the SBDC you are self-certifying that you are not currently federally debarred or suspended and also agree to cease using SBDC services if you become federally debarred or suspended in the future.
All SBDC programs are non-discriminatory and open to the public. Reasonable arrangements for persons with disabilities will be made if requested, at least two weeks in advance. Contact the Kutztown SBDC at Old Main - Room 27 - F Wing, 15219 Kutztown Rd, Kutztown, PA 19530, (484)-646-5937.
The Kutztown University SBDC is a member of the network of Pennsylvania Small Business Development Centers and the National Association of Small Business Development Centers.