Graduate Consultant Position
The Kutztown University Small Business Development Center IS currently accepting applications for this position.
SMALL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT CENTER
TITLE: Graduate Consultant (Associate Business Consultant)
REPORTS TO: Associate State Director of Programs & Policy and/or a Consulting Specialist, SBDC
PURPOSE: The position is responsible for assisting potential entrepreneurs and existing small business owners a with their business plans/Pitch and with assisting clients in obtaining marketing or other technical information that is beneficial to them. The graduate consultant is also responsible for assisting SBDC consultants with pre-venture client work.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for assisting potential entrepreneurs with their business plans/Pitch and for assisting clients in obtaining marketing or other technical information that is beneficial to them.
- Provide coverage and assistance to clients attending the SBDC Learning Programs.
- Conduct client interviews, monitor client/business progress, assist in client assessment of business, and make recommendations regarding problem areas with SBDC pre-venture clients under the supervision of the Associate State Director of Programs & Policy and/or a Consulting Specialist, SBDC
- Assist pre-venture clients in the preparation of marketing, business plans/Pitch, and financial projection.
- Responsible for collecting client information, creating client files, and managing client work for entrepreneurs and small business owners attending the SBDC Learning Programs.
- Assist with photocopying, filing, collating, mailing, and other office duties as assigned by the Associate State Director of Programs & Policy and/or a Consulting Specialist, SBDC
- Some travel is required to help staff at the outreach offices.
- Use computer system to conduct business analyses; maintenance of consulting activity records, and preparation of routine and special activity reports. Use online databases and various software applications to provide management, accounting, financial, personnel, marketing, registration, and other miscellaneous information for clients under the supervision of Associate State Director of Programs & Policy and/or a Consulting Specialist, SBDC
- Responsible for capturing client and milestone information for the SBDC by collecting and entering the data into Neoserra CRM.
- Coordinate the applicability and referral of SBDC clients to various programs tied to Center activities and/or funding as well as referrals to outside organizations, which have the ability to assist the client.
- Be familiar with and interface directly with SBDC specialty programs, including International Trade, Government Procurement, Technology Commercialization, Environmental Management, the Product Development Center, and any new program that is developed. Be familiar with community programs targeted toward lending opportunities and coordinate, when necessary, loan packaging, financial analysis, and proposal information to generate small business financing.
QUALIFICATIONS: Enrolled in a Master's degree program and in good standing at Kutztown University. A valid driver's license and F1-Visa is required before work can commence.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me:
Ms. Sonya Smith
Associate State Director of Programs & Policy