Non Degree Enrollment

Non-Degree Enrollment 

Thinking of taking classes? Not sure about getting a degree? Already have a degree and want to keep learning? Maybe you want to get a jump-start on college? 

Below you will find all the forms and information needed for all types of Non-Degree Seeking enrollment. Please note that the contact person for each type of enrollment is noted in the description.

For general questions please contact us at 610-683-4485 or

  • Advant*Age Program (Retired Individuals, 62 and over)
    Advant*Age Program

    Welcome seniors!

    At Kutztown University, we believe that learning should be lifelong. That's why we're offering our seniors an opportunity to take courses on our beautiful campus, tuition-free! Please read the information below carefully for full details including courses that qualify, fee information and to determine if you are eligible to enroll:

    To qualify, you MUST be:

    • A resident of PA for at least one year
    • 62 years of age AND fully retired

    Course availability/details:

    • View courses
    • Courses that have pre-requisites or restrictions are not eligible to be taken.
    • Registration for your course will be considered tentative until notified by the university and is based on available space.
    • You may choose to audit the course (take it without receiving a grade) by simply filling out the Permit to Audit form, taking it to the first class to be signed by the course instructor and returning the signed form to the Registrar's Office. Otherwise, this college-level course will be graded.

    Required Documents to verify retirement status (one of the following):

    • Retirement account statement
    • Social Security benefits statement
    • Letter from employer verifying retirement status  

    Fees that apply:

    • PA State System and university fees including technology, student ID, student records, and parking permit
    • Course book/materials (varies by course)

    How to apply:

    • Fill out Non-Matriculated Undergraduate Registration Form.
    • Print, sign, date and return the original copy to the Registrar's office via fax, email or in-person.
    • You will be notified of your eligibility/class availability via email on or before the start of class.
    • Secure a KU parking permit.
    • After registration, a confirmation email will be sent to you within 24-48 hours containing your KU User ID and Password to access the student portal of MyKU. There you will be able to view your course information and associated fees for the course. All tuition waivers must be approved by the president of the university and therefore, tuition noted in MyKU may not immediately reflect the adjusted total.

    Please note: this offer may be used for up to a total of 21 credits.

    Still have questions?

    Mim Carlance 

    Phone:  610-683-1323 

    Email: or

    Registrar's Office - Stratton Administration Center 1st floor 
    15238 Kutztown Road (Open M-F 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.)

  • Berks County Cross-Registration
    Berks County Consortium

    Students currently enrolled in one of the Berks County colleges or universities who plan to take a course at KU through cross-registration. Visit the Registrar's Office at your school for details.

    Berks County Cross-Registration Form

    Kate Peffley


    Phone: 610-683-4505

  • High School Student - Special Enrollment
    Special Enrollment Programs for High School Students

    High school students wishing to take college-level classes at Kutztown University concurrently with their high school coursework should contact the Office of the Registrar:

    Mim Carlance 

    Phone: 610-683-1323


    The Early Admission Program (which replaces a student's senior year in high school) is also available to academically qualified students. Requirements include parental approval, the recommendation and approval of the superintendent and principal, a list of courses which will qualify the student for high school graduation, completion of the undergraduate application for admission, and a $35 application fee. The SAT and ACT should be completed and scores sent to the university. (Kutztown University's code numbers are SAT 2653 and ACT 3706.) 

    An official copy of the high school transcript must be sent as well. Click here for our mailing address and contact information.

  • Non-Degree Undergraduate Students
    Non-Degree Undergraduate Students

    Prospective Non-Degree Undergraduate Students are not required to take Admissions examinations of any type, nor are they required to be high school graduates to register for courses in Non-Degree status. However, admission to coursework at the university does not mean admission to a degree program.

    Non-Degree status students are limited to a maximum of twenty one (21) credit hours, with no more than nine (9) credit hours in a given semester. These twenty one (21) credit hours include any course that is repeated.

    Those wishing to matriculate (be admitted to a regular degree program of the university) are now required either to possess a high school diploma (or the GED) or to have completed a total of sixty (60) college semester credit hours approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Education before making application to the university's Office of Admissions.

    Students interested in taking coursework without seeking a degree should apply through the Office of the Registrar

    Mim Carlance 

    Phone:  610-683-1323 


    Undergraduate Non-Matriculated Student Registration Form

  • PASSHE Visiting Students
    Visiting Students - PASSHE Schools Only 

    This classification applies to a student who is enrolled at another PASSHE institution (one of the 14 state universities of Pennsylvania) and wishes to take courses at Kutztown University. Visiting students are required to submit a Visiting Student Application available in the Office of the Registrar.

    PASSHE Application for Visiting Student Status

  • Professional Credit Students
    Professional Credit Students

    The Professional Credit option gives students who hold a bachelor's degree the opportunity to take courses in non-degree status. This can be done for several reasons. Students can establish a graduate GPA as a Professional Credit student if the undergraduate GPA does not meet admission standards. Professional Credit courses can be transferred into other institutions in most cases. There is a limit to the number of Professional Credit courses that can transfer into an academic program. Kutztown University's limit is nine credits (three courses). Students must have a B or better to transfer Professional Credit courses into a degree program. Professional Credit courses are not eligible for financial aid and must be paid for out of pocket or by an employer.

    Please click the following link to be directed to Graduate Admissions.


    Phone: 610-683-4200