Information for Veterans


Students are able to use monetary benefits from the Veterans Affairs Department to help pay for their education. Use the links below to see how the process works and if you could potentially benefit from your time or a family member’s times in the service.

For inquiries for the School Certifying Official, please contact:

Kate Peffley (Catchmark)

Registrar’s Office

Stratton Administration Building Room 115

(610) 683-4505

  • Getting Started - Applying for Benefits

    Visit the Kutztown Admissions' Veteran page for a step by step application process for military members and veterans and their families.

    Contact the Veteran's Affairs Education Center at 1-888-442-4551 to find out what benefits you may qualify for and how to apply for those benefits. 

  • Veterans and Dependents of Veterans Forms

    VA Check Sheet (PDF) 

     - This check sheet is designed to assist first semester students with gathering all the information the School Certifying Official will need to have in their file. 

    Veterans Services Enrollment Certification Request Form (PDF)

    - This form will need to be completed and returned to the School Certifying Official every semester that a student wishes to use their benefits. 

    Veteran Priority Registration Form

    - A veteran student who is not receiving benefits but has self-identified as a veteran is responsible for providing documentation (i.e. DD214 Member 4 copy) to the Kutztown University Registrar's Office showing that he or she was discharged or released from such service under conditions other than "dishonorable," in order to be eligible for early registration. 

    The policy regarding the above registration guidelines can be found here

  • Military Credit Equivalencies

    How do I get my Joint Service Transcript?

    Joint Service Transcript Credit Evaluations 
    *Credits awarded based on individual JST* 
    Course Taken  Equivalent Course 
    Land Navigation PEC 880
    Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation  GEE 880
    First Aid  SPT 20
    Marksmanship PEC 880
    Orienteering  PEC 880
    Physical Conditioning  PEC 070
    Self Defense  PEC 880
    Human Relations Communications  COM 880
    Intro to Problem Solving  GEE 880
    Aviation Meteorology  NSE 890
    Hazardous Materials Operation  CHM 890
    Characteristics of Hazardous Materials  CHM 890
    Chemical, Biological, Radiological, & Nuclear Containment & Decontamination  GEE 880
    Military Science  GEE 880
    Network Essentials  CSC 311
    Basic AC/DC Circuits  PHY 880
    Solid State Electronics  PHY 890
    Under Management Technician- Computer Applications  CSC 010
    Personal Community Health  HEA 880
    Unix Operating System  CSC 870
    Network Fundamentals  CSC 870
    Human Health & Disease Prevention  HEA 880
    Safety  GEE 880


    In addition to credits evaluated above, PRO880 credits will be entered for the following classifications:
    Rank/Classification Credits Awarded
    Non- Commission Officers:
    E4– E6 3
    E7 or Higher 6
    Commissioned Officers:
    O1 – O2  3
    O3 or Higher 6

  • Who Else Can Help?

    Office of Veteran Services –

    Tania M. Brown-Berringer (Ms. T) - Coordinator, Veterans Services - Service: US Army

    McFarland Student Union Building Rm 260



    Dean of Students –

    Donavan McCargo - Asst Vice President & Dean of Students

    Stratton Administration Center Rm 119E



    Student Accounts –

    Kelsey Arcelay – Student Accounts Coordinator

    Stratton Administration Center Rm 225A



    Wendy Pursell – Director of Student Accounts

    Stratton Administration Center Rm 225A



    Disability Services Office –

    Ms. Maggie Mclaughlin Yannes – Assistant Director of Disability Services

    Stratton Administration Center Rm 215C


    * Veterans may be covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) if there is a functional limitation that impacts learning or living. Types of conditions that may be covered include but are not limited to: PTSD, TBI or other physical or learning impairments. For more information, call: 610-683-4108 (TTY: 610-683-4499) or visit the KU Disability Services website.*