Student Information

Welcome to the student information page.

On this page, you will find information on a variety of topics that you may encounter during your time here as well as after graduation. If you need further assistance on any of these topics please contact us at 610-683-4485 or 

Please click on the arrow next to the topic for further information.

  • Are you ready to register?

    Let's Get Registered

    1. Make an appointment to see your advisor to select your semester courses.
    2. Your advisor will remove your "Advisor Registration Block" upon the conclusion of your advising appointment.
    3. Access MyKU. 
    4. On your Enrollment Information Tile, click on 'Enrollment Information'.
    5. If you have an enrollment appointment, it will appear in this box. An enrollment appointment is the time period in which you can enroll for a particular term prior to the open enrollment period.
    6. If you have any holds, the Holds count will be greater than 0 on the KU Tasks Tile.  You will need to contact the appropriate office to clear the hold before registering. You should also note the date and time at which you can register. We have assigned different time slots for students according to credits completed. 


    Course Catalogs and Course Information

    I. Course Catalog


    Academic Support:

    I. Academic Enrichment & Tutoring Services

    II. Center for Academic Success and Achievement (CASA)

    III. Counseling and Psychological Services

    IV. Disability Services

  • Frequently Used Academic Policies

    For all academic and university policies, consult the Policy Register.

    Plus/Minus Grading Scale

    Grade QPA
    A 4.00
    A- 3.67
    B+ 3.33
    B 3.00
    B- 2.67
    C+ 2.33
    C 2.00
    D 1.00
    F 0.00

    Note: there is no A+, C-, D+ or D-

    Learn more about the grading system.

    Course Repeat Policy

    • Undergraduate Students 
      All Undergraduate students will be limited to a maximum total of six repeats at Kutztown University. A single course can be taken a maximum of three times and the most recent grade (regardless of whether it is higher or lower) will be the grade used for the GPA calculation.
    • Graduate Students
      Graduate and Post-Baccalaureate students can repeat a single course for graduate improvement only once. They will be limited to a maximum of two repeats across the program. The most recent grade (regardless of whether it's higher or lower) will be the grade used for the GPA calculation.


    The pass/fail policy is found in The Key and in the Undergraduate Catalog.

    Undergraduate degree student:

    • This means you are working towards a BA, BS, or BSED.
    • You must have earned at least 30.0 credits.  Pass/Fail is not available to First-Year Students.
    • Cumulative GPA over 2.75:  Your overall GPA must be at least 2.75 to take a course Pass/Fail.
    • How many Pass/Fail courses can I take?  You make only take one Pass/Fail course per semester.
    • Only Free Electives and courses in General Education permitted under "Electives" may be taken as Pass/Fail.
    • There is no going back.  Once you have applied to take a course Pass/Fail, you must notify the Registrar in writing, before the 1st class meeting, that you want to change back to a letter grade.

    How do I do it?

    • You may obtain the form at the Office of the Registrar or from your Department.
    • Complete form and have your Academic Advisor sign it.
    • The form must be submitted to the Office of the Registrar by the end of the Add/Drop period.

    Drop/Add Dates

    Central Calendar

    Effective Fall 2014 the Drop/Add Policy will provide students with one full week, plus the weekend (excluding holidays) to drop or add courses without penalty.

    Graduation Residency Requirement

    • Undergraduate Students
      All Undergraduate students seeking their first baccalaureate degree are required to take at least 30 of their last 45 credits and at least 50% of their major credits at Kutztown University.
    • Graduate Students
      For Master's Students, at least 2/3 of the credits meeting program requirements must be completed at Kutztown.
    • Withdrawal End Dates
      This policy is the same for both Undergraduates and Graduate

      When a student registers for classes, the student is responsible for those classes. To be relieved of this responsibility, the student must officially withdraw from those classes through the Registrar's Office. Failure to withdraw from a class for which a student registered, but is not attending, will result in a grade of "F" for that course.

    Students will be permitted to withdraw from a course and receive a grade of "W" up to the tenth week of the semester. The "W" has no effect on the GPA. After the tenth week of the semester and through the last day of classes, a student who officially withdraws will receive a grade determined by the instructor. Kutztown will no longer assign a grade of "WF".

    The latest date for withdrawal from individual courses in a Summer Session will be published prior to the beginning of the specific session. This information can be found in the Master Schedule Books and the Academic Calendar.

    Simultaneous Degree Completion

    • Undergraduate Students
      For undergraduate students, the new standard will be a 150 credit minimum for completion of simultaneous degrees. Please watch the Registrar's Home Page for more information on this policy as additional revisions are forthcoming.
    • Graduate Students 
      For awarding two simultaneous graduate degrees, at least 12 hours will be required beyond the minimum credit requirements for the degree program with the most required credits. Please watch the Registrar's Home Page for more information on this policy as additional revisions are forthcoming.
  • Transcripts

    Students may need a transcript for:

    • Employment verification
    • Transferring to another school
    • Insurance verification
    • Joining the military

    Request your Transcript from KU

    Log into MyKU
    If you do not have MyKU login access, download the Transcript Request Form (PDF).

    Fill out the form and mail, fax (610-683-1586) or email ( it to the Office of the Registrar. Please allow 2-3 business days after receipt for processing.

    Submit your Transcript to KU

    Mailing via FedEx, UPS, or Priority Mail?

    Use this address:

    Kutztown University, Registrar's Office
    Stratton Administration Building
    Room 115
    Main Street
    Kutztown, PA 19530-0730

    Send all other requests to:

    Kutztown University
    Registrar's Office
    PO Box 730
    Kutztown, PA 19530-0730

    Types of transcripts

    Official: Printed on official paper, in a sealed and officially stamped envelope. Typically used for: employment, transferring to another school, verifications of enrollment, military, etc.            

    Un-Official: Printed on plain white paper with KU letterhead, in a plain envelope. Typically for student use only and can be printed through the student center on MyKU.

    How can a student obtain a verification of enrollment?

    Any student can request a verification of enrollment by filling out the Verification of Enrollment request form.  Students typically need this for their parent's insurance, certain discounts, scholarships, etc. Get the enrollment verification form here or pick it up in the Registrar's Office. 

  • Select Your General Education

    Fall 2018 General Education

    Students who started at KU before Fall 2018 have an opportunity to switch to the 2018 program to complete their degree.

    How can I learn the details about the 2018 General Education requirements?
    Refer to the KU General Education website 

    Where can I make the General Education Selection in MyKU?
    ·         Log into your student center (MyKU)
    ·         Click on the navigation for Ku Academic Services
    ·         Click on General Education Selection on the left sidebar
    How can I decide which general education requirements to follow?
    Refer to these instructions to learn how to understand a degree audit and for instructions to compare degree audits to make an informative decision.

    What should I consider if I switch to the 2018 program?
    ·         FYS requirement is waived
    ·         If you are working on two majors, only one Gen. Ed. is required

    When will the 2018 program take effect for me if I choose to switch?
    If you choose to switch, the 2018 program will take effect before the beginning of the Fall 2019 semester.

    What if I choose not to switch?
    You will remain on the gen ed you were following when you started attending at KU. You are not required to make a change.

    Who should I contact if I'm unsure about my decision?
    If you are uncertain about the decision you made, discuss options with your advisor before making a final decision.

  • Withdrawal and Leave of Absence

    Withdrawal from a Course

    Course Withdrawals Policy

    Courses dropped during the first week of the semester will not be recorded on the student's permanent transcript. Students may withdraw from a full semester of classes or individual courses with a grade of "W" between the second and tenth week of the semester. After the tenth week of the semester and through the last day of classes, a student who officially withdraws will receive a grade determined by the instructor. When a student registers for classes, the student is responsible for those classes. Please be aware that the student must drop those classes if he/she decides not to attend. Failure to drop a class from which a student is registered but is not attending will result in a grade of "F" for that course.

    Withdrawal from the University

    University Withdrawals Policy


    Any student leaving the University prior to the end of any academic term must officially withdraw. The student should contact the Office of the Registrar to initiate the formal withdrawal process. The date the Office of the Registrar receives the withdrawal form with the student's original signature is the student's official date of withdrawal from the university. If the student completes the withdrawal process with the Office of the Registrar two weeks prior to the start of finals, the student will receive "W" grades for all courses. If the student completes the withdrawal process after that point, the student will receive a grade determined by the instructor. Please note that failure to complete the withdrawal process may result in failing grades in all courses being taken at the time of withdrawal.


    Graduate Students have six years from the first day of their first class to complete their Graduate Studies at Kutztown University and are not required to attend every semester. If the student has registered for courses for a particular semester and wishes to withdraw from all of those courses; whether just for that semester or permanently, the student will need to complete and submit the withdrawal form. If the form is completed after the first week of the start of classes and before the two week period before the start of finals, the student will receive "W" grades for all courses. If submitted after the two week period before the start of finals and through the last day of classes, the student will receive a grade (s) which will be determined by the instructor (s). The date the Office of the Registrar receives notification in writing with the student's original signature is the official date of withdrawal.

    Leave of Absence (LOA) - Undergraduate Students

    Leave of Absence for Undergraduate Students Policy

    A leave of absence may be granted for medical reasons, study abroad, absence of required course(s) in a particular semester's schedule, and for other reasons, all of which should be appropriately documented and presented to the Office of the Registrar. If a leave of absence is requested for the semester during which the student is enrolled, the student must first officially withdraw. If the leave is granted, the effective date of the leave would be considered as the date of withdrawal as approved by the Registrar.

    Any matriculated undergraduate full or part-time student in good standing (2.0 GPA) may request a leave of absence from the university. A leave of absence may be granted for one semester, with the possibility of renewal for a consecutive semester, upon approval of the Registrar. At the conclusion of the leave, a student may register to continue his/her program of study without repeating the admissions process and may select courses with the class appropriate to the total credit hours earned.


    1. Leave of Absence forms is available in the Office of the Registrar.

    2. Completed forms should be returned to the same office.

    3. Students will be notified whether the request for leave has been approved or denied.

    4. An applicant for a leave of absence who is currently receiving financial aid should consult with the Financial Aid Office for clarification of his/her aid status.

    5. Before returning to the University, it is the student's responsibility to meet with his/her advisor.

    Please click to view and complete the Withdrawal/Leave of Absence form (PDF).

  • Enrollment Verification

    Students who need an enrollment verification should logon to their MyKU account and click on the link for "Enrollment Verification". This is a free service provided by Kutztown University through the National Student Clearinghouse. You may print off the enrollment verification which is considered an official copy of your enrollment at KU.

    When can you get an Enrollment Verification Certificate?

    • Previous and current semesters are always available
    • Future Spring and Fall Semesters are available approximately three weeks before the term begins.
    • Summer Session enrollment is sent after the session ends.

    If your computer has 'pop-up blockers' enabled the certificate cannot be viewed. Make sure the 'pop-up blockers' are disabled before generating a certificate.

  • Re-Admission

    Admissions Guidelines Policy

    The university welcomes the return of students who did not complete their degrees. The student's previous KU academic record will be the major criterion in determining re-entry.  Students should be aware that some major programs have restricted enrollments and/or specific entrance requirements.

    A. Readmitted and Transfer Readmitted Students:

    Any student who has previously attended Kutztown University and whose academic program is still offered is required to complete a Readmission Application through the Registrar's Office.  Students applying for re-admission who have attended other institution(s) since leaving Kutztown University must submit an official transcript from each college along with the Readmission Application.

    Please click to view and download the Re-admission Application (PDF).

  • Petitions and Appeals

    Grade Dispute:

    Grade Appeal Policy

    What is the Grade Appeal Policy?

    The Grade Appeal Policy provides a process for redress of grievance between a student and a faculty member concerning a final grade in a course taken at Kutztown University.

    Two important points to be kept in mind concerning the application of this policy are:

    1. All uses of the word "grade" in this policy refer to the final grade in a course;
    2. The Grade Appeal Board (GAB) may consider approving changes only to P (pass) and W (withdraw). Any requests for changes to specific letter grades, therefore -- a change from a D to a C, for example -- would not be considered by the GAB.

    Undergraduate Academic Forgiveness:

    Undergraduate Academic Forgiveness Policy

    Academic Forgiveness Application (PDF)

    Academic readiness and situational factors may affect the academic performance of undergraduate students, especially first-time students, in the university setting. For a variety of reasons, including poor performance, students separate from the university and involve themselves in work and other life experiences. At present, students with a history of poor performance who choose to return to Kutztown University after years of separation often face obstacles created by their previous academic record.

    Undergraduate Exceptions Committee (UEC):

    The Undergraduate Exceptions Committee (UEC) reviews petitions of individual students wishing to have a specific regulation waived for just cause.

    For questions regarding the Undergraduate Exceptions Committee process and meeting dates, please contact the Student Advocate in the Office of the Registrar:

    Ben Trout

     How do I complete the petition? 

    Please click here to complete the UEC petition. Follow the directions on page two of the petition; you may also contact the Student Advocate.

    Are all signatures required?

    Yes, all signatures are REQUIRED (i.e. Department Chair, Academic Advisor).

    Must the Financial Aid Consultation Form be completed?

    Committee decisions may negatively impact financial aid packages. If you receive(d) Financial Aid, you MUST have the Financial Aid Consultation Form completed by a Financial Aid Consultant. It is the student's responsibility to contact the Financial Aid Office. Petitions will NOT be accepted without a completed form.

    Where do I submit my petition?

     Students may submit ONE of the following ways:

    Office of the Registrar, Kutztown University

    115 Stratton Administration Building

    Kutztown, PA 19530

    Fax: 610-683-1586


    How will I be notified of the results of my petition?

    The petitioner will be notified in writing of the committee action.


    Final Exam Conflict Resolution

    Final Exam Conflict Resolution Policy - Undergraduate Students

    This applies to undergraduate students who have a conflict of two final examinations at the same time or three or more in one day. 

    In the event the conflict(s) cannot be resolved informally with the instructor(s), the student may seek a resolution in the following manner:

    1. Complete the Final Examination Conflict Resolution Form by the end of week ten of the semester. If the student does not apply by this date, the conflict(s) may not be resolved to the student's satisfaction.

    2. Present this form to the instructor with the highest numbered course to schedule an alternate time to take the final examination during the final examination week. If conflicting final examinations are for the same numbered course, the course with the largest enrollment will take precedence; that is, the smaller enrolled course final examination needs to be rescheduled.

    3. If the necessary rescheduling cannot be resolved through the instructor(s) involved and both courses are in the same college, the academic dean will make the rescheduling decision.

    4. If the rescheduling cannot be resolved through the instructors and the courses are in different colleges, the Provost will make the rescheduling decision.

  • Other Credit Options
  • Citizenship

    The following information applies to international students who have had a change in their citizenship status after acceptance to Kutztown University.

    Students must come to the Office of the Registrar to begin the process.

    Please complete the Change of Citizenship Status Form and bring the completed form along with two of the following:

    1. Permanent Residency Card

    2. Social Security Card

    3. Tax ID number

    If applicable, students may need to go to the Financial and Business Services Department to declare residency.