Anthropology Honor Society
Lambda Alpha National Anthropology Honor Society
The Kutztown University Chapter (Xi of PA) of the Lambda Alpha National Anthropology Honor Society provides an opportunity to recognize the academic achievements of students in the Anthropology Program.
Why join Lambda Alpha?
- Lambda Alpha honors outstanding academic achievement in anthropology. Graduation regalia, including stoles and pins, can be purchased from Lambda Alpha to symbolize this honor.
- Lambda Alpha offers a national scholarship worth $5000 to be awarded to a graduating senior majoring in anthropology, as well as awards for outstanding student papers.
- Lambda Alpha maintains a journal that provides an opportunity for students to share their work with a national audience.
How to join Lambda Alpha?
To join the Xi of Pennsylvania Chapter of Lambda Alpha, undergraduate students must:
- be a junior or senior;
- have completed at least 12 semester hours of course work in anthropology (which can include no more than 6 semester hours in sociology);
- have an anthropology GPA of at least 3.0; and
- have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5.
Faculty in the chapter will determine eligible students twice a year (in the fall and spring) and inform those students via email. You do not have to join Lambda Alpha if you do not want to, even if you are eligible. If you meet the above qualifications and wish to join Lambda Alpha, you will need to fill out a membership form and pay a lifetime membership fee of $25.
If you have questions about the Xi of Pennsylvania Chapter of Lambda Alpha, contact Dr. Khori Newlander (firstname.lastname@example.org), Chapter Faculty Sponsor and President.