Why Math at Kutztown University?
- Small college feel - small classes and personalized attention
- Big university opportunities - research and internship opportunities for undergrads
- Programs in Mathematics and Actuarial Science
- Preparation for jobs or graduate school
- Connections with peers, faculty, and alumni
Careers in Math
Math majors are problem solvers, and can make a difference in almost any field. Professionals with math degrees work for companies in finance, government, insurance, pharmaceuticals, retail, and sports (among many others).
There are so many opportunities that we hosted a conference to learn about them!
Paying for college
Freshman math majors who are starting at Kutztown in 2021 or 2022 and are Pell eligible should consider applying for the EMACS Scholars Program, which features an $8300 annual scholarship as well as various academic and social benefits.
Kutztown offers a number of need-based and non need-based scholarships (some of which are automatic for students reaching certain high school GPA and SAT/ACT benchmarks). Learn more here.
Many math majors earn extra money by working on campus; some work as tutors for math classes.
Please don't hesitate to contact us! In addition, we would be glad to put you in touch with a KU math student if you would like their perspective.