Dr. Fang-Hsun Wei, MS, Ph.D.
Dr. Wei earned her doctoral degree in social work from University of Texas at Arlington. She obtained her master and bachelor degree from Kaohsiung Medical University, Taiwan. Dr. Wei is from Taiwan and can speak Taiwanese, Chinese, and English. She has taught undergraduate and graduate social work courses. She teaches research related courses, introduction to Social Work and Social Welfare, and practice courses. Dr. Wei's most recent scholarship is focused on women's reproductive health, social and economic development, and international social work. She worked in the areas of mental health, health, and school for several years. Dr. Wei has presented papers in international and national conferences. She has several publications in peer-reviewed journals. She also served as a reviewer in peer-reviewed journals.
- Research Methods
- Introduction to Social Work and Social Welfare
- Program Evaluation
- Needs Assessment
- Practice with Individuals
- Practice with Communities and Organizations
- Health Behavior
- Mental Health
- Reproductive Health
- Social and Economic Development
- International Social Work
- Medical Malpractice
- Wei, F.H. (2018). The medical dispute mediation mechanism in the public sector: A study based on cases from the Kaohsiung City Department of Health. Social Development Issues, 40(1), 42-54.
- Pillai, V. K., Wang, Y. C., Wei, F. H. (2015). Urban-Rural Differences in Healthy Breast Feeding Practices in India: Implications for Child Malnutrition. Applied Clinical Research, Clinical Trails and Regulatory Affairs, 2(3), 1-5.
- Wei, F. H. (2015). Modeling women's reproductive health in India: Implications for policy. Social Development Issues, 37 (3), 45-52.
- Wei, F. H., Pillai, V. K., & Maleku, A. (2014). Sanitation in India: Role of Women's education, Health Science Journal: International Journal of Nursing Research and Review, 8 (1), 90-101.
- Pillai, V. K., Maleku, A., & Wei, F.H. (2013). Maternal Mortality and female literacy rates in developing countries during 1970-2000: A latent growth curve analysis. International Journal of Population Research, vol. 2013, Article ID 163292, 11 pages, 2013. doi:10.1155/2013/163292
- Pillai, V. K., Wei, F.H., & Maleku, A. (2013). International Non-Governmental Organizations in Latin America and Social Capital: An Empirical Case Study. Sage Open, 3 (4), DOI: 10.1177/2158244013516153.
- Wei, F. H. & Pillai, V. K. (2013). Environmental quality and reproductive health in developing countries, International Journal of Sustainable Society, 5 (2), 146-159. This article was publicized through a science blog by Freelance science writer David Biadley, URL: http://www.sciencebase.com/science-blog/carbon-emissions-and-reproductive-health.html
- Pillai, V. K. & Wei, F.H. (2012). Reproductive rights, gender equality and reproductive health in developing countries, Social Work Footprints, 11 (9), 39-42.
- Wei, F.H. & Pillai, V.K. (2017, October). Improve women's reproductive rights in India. Council on Social Work Education 2017 Annual Program Meeting, Dallas, TX. Opollo, D. A., Teboh, C. & Wei, F. H. (October 13-14, 2016). Acculturation of Immigrant Children in Dominant Societies: A Case of Immigrants in Dallas, Texas. Strangers in New Homelands Conference, University of Manitoba, Canada.
- Fould, A. & Wei, F. H. (October 6th, 2016). Review of adolescent depression treatment. The 2016 Annual Conference of National Association of Social Workers - Pennsylvania Chapter (NASW-PA), King of Prussia, PA, October 6-9.
- Wei, F. H & Pillai, V. K. (March 22, 2016). Air Pollution and Reproductive Health in Developing Countries. National Technology and Social Science Conference, Las Vegas, Nevada, March 20-22.
- Asayag, J. S. & Wei, F. H. (Oct. 15, 2015). Review of substance abuse treatment outcomes. The 2015 Annual Conference of National Association of Social Workers - Pennsylvania Chapter (NASW-PA), State College, Pennsylvania, October 16-17.
- Wei, F. H. & Pillai, V. K. (Jan., 2015). Empower Indian Women's Reproductive Health. The 2015 Annual Conference of the Society for Social Work and Research (SSWR), New Orleans, Louisiana, January 14-18, 2015.
- Wei, F. H. & Pillai, V. K. (Oct., 2014). Use an Empowerment Model on Indian Women's Reproductive Health. Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) 60th Annual Program Meeting, Tampa, Florida, October 23-26, 2014.
- Wei, F. H., Chen, W. T., & Pillai, V. K. (June, 2014). The Medical Dispute Mediation Mechanism in the Public Sector - A Study Based on the Kaohsiung City Department of Health. The 5th Asian Conference on the Social Sciences (ACSS), Osaka, Japan, June 12-15, 2014.
- Wei, F. H. & Pillai, V. K. (Oct 6, 2012). Reproductive Health in India: An Empowerment Model. 41st Annual Meeting of Southwest Conference on Asian Studies (SWCAS). Hosted by Southern Methodist University, Dallas, Texas. October 5 & 6, 2012.
- Yu, M. M, & Wei, F. H. (Oct 9, 2010). Cultural Competent and Ethical Social Work Interventions with Older Adults. 2010 NASW/Texas Annual State Conference, Houston, Social Workers Inspire Community Action, October 8-10, 2010.
- Wei, F. H. (Sep. 25, 2010). Improving reproductive health in developing countries: A cross-national study with a focus on South Asia. 39th Annual Meeting of Southwest Conference on Asian Studies (SWCAS). Hosted by Texas Christian University, Fort Worth, TX. September 24 & 25, 2010.
- Fang-Hsun Wei, Wu-Tsung Chen, & Sing-Yao Wang (July, 2007). A Qualitative Study for the Mediating Mechanism of Medical Dispute in the Kaohsiung Health Bureau. Doctor-Patient Relationship and Crisis Management Seminar, Pg 43-68.