DSW Application Process
Applications are processed on a rolling basis for each Fall cohort. Once the upcoming Fall cohort is complete acceptance may be offered for a future cohort.
- Graduate application
- MSW degree from a Council of Social Work Education (CSWE) accredited program
- Official transcripts from previous colleges or universities (non-KU or MU)
- Minimum of two years of post-MSW practice experience
- Completed clearances no more than one-year-old may be needed in preparation for Praxis
- Three letters of recommendation: (1) from an academic source, and (1) from a work-related source
- A five-page statement addressing the candidate's current state of knowledge in social work regarding a social phenomenon of interest, with proper use of APA style
- A three-page personal statement that addresses the following:
- Why a DSW?
- Why now?
- Why KU|MU's program?