Employer Reimbursement Deferments
Students who are entitled to reimbursement of tuition from employers may request an Employer Reimbursement Deferment (ERD). The request can be made between the billing date and the due date on the initial bill received. Once the semester starts or the due date assigned to the charges has passed, this option is no longer available.
Requests are processed through Kutztown University's Office of Student Accounts only. An online form is required along with proof from your employer and the payment of $350 per course. The deferred portion of the bill (balance of the costs not covered by the payment below) will be due as stated on the form you sign. The deferred portions due date is non-negotiable and is not based on each employers reimbursement schedule nor adjusted because of delays in processing with your employer. Please make note of the due date and ensure it is met to avoid late fees or account holds.
**Fall 2020 should not be requested and paid until the charges show in MyKU approximately July 10, 2020**
- This will allow your payment of $350 to be posted to those specific session/semester charges.
- Requests will be accepted for Winter 2020 about Oct 30th and for Spring 2021 about Nov 15th or so.
Request Online & Requirements
Request this deferment online here when the session or semester charges are showing in MyKU. All 3 items are required. Incomplete requests are not processed.
- KU Form is completed online when the session or semester charges are showing online in MyKU. This is your agreement to the deferred due date and process. Upload your proof with the request form.
- Proof of Benefit upload this with your request form. Various items will suffice for this proof. The most of which is a document showing the course or courses were approved by your employer. A letter from your employer stating your eligibility for employer reimbursement may be submitted as well.
- $350 Payment per course can be made online in MyKU by the due date assigned. This amount is posted to the students account as a credit towards billed charges (not towards any specific fee or tuition charge). If the session or semester charges are not showing - the payment will post to the oldest charges first, even if they are in deferment.
- The $350 per course went towards the tuition and fees due on MyKU. The deferred portion (balance due) due date is on your agreement form. This cannot be extended/altered based on your specific employer reimbursement dates or method. These dates and amounts are firm.
- Fall deferment balance due date is Jan 15th
- Winter deferment balance due date is Feb 15th
- Spring deferment balance due date is Sept 15th
- Summer deferment balance due date is Sept 15th
- Accounts must be in good standing to be eligible for an Employer Reimbursement Tuition deferment.
- Requests must be submitted in full prior to the due date assigned to the original charges to be considered.
- Requests may be approved or denied.
- Denials may occur for prior default status, collections placement, or incomplete requests.
- If the balance on the account is not paid by the Expiry Date on the form signed, a late fee of $50 may be assessed as well as a block from transcripts/diploma or registration.
- Reimbursement requests - we suggest using the initial bill you received that shows the full amount of tuition and fees prior to your payment or along with your payment of $350 per course.
More Questions? Please contact Student Accounts - email@example.com
Print your transcript or grade report promptly at the conclusion of the course and submit the reimbursement request to your employer immediately. Any delay in payment of the tuition may result in a late fee and/or restriction placed on the account. If an account is restricted due to non-payment, you will be unable to register for future terms, obtain transcripts (both official and unofficial), or receive a diploma. If your account is restricted, we cannot lift it until the delinquent payment is made in full. This includes allowing your transcript to print for a reimbursement request.