Qualifying for Aid
Who Qualifies for Financial Aid?
To qualify for financial aid you must...
- Be a U.S. citizen, national or permanent resident, or eligible non-citizen.
- Have a high school diploma or an equivalent of a high school diploma (GED).
- Be enrolled at Kutztown University in an eligible program of study leading to a degree or teaching certificate awarded by the institution.
- Maintain satisfactory financial aid progress.
- Not be in default on a Federal Family Education Loan, Federal Direct Stafford Loan, or a Perkins Loan; not owe a repayment on a Federal Pell Grant, Federal ACG, Federal SMART Grant, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG) or a State Grant.
- Demonstrate financial need as determined by information provided by the student and the student's family on the financial aid application.
- Submit financial aid transcripts to Kutztown University from all other institutions of higher education previously attended. (KU will query a national database for financial aid transcripts).
- Be registered, if you are male and between the ages of 18 and 25 years old, with the U.S. Selective Service System to be eligible for federal student loans and grants.