Billing Information

Fall Bills were prepared July 10, 2020 with a due date of August 6, 2020.
Below you will find various pieces of information about the bills at KU.  If you can't find what you are looking for, no problem!  Call or email us today! 

  • I received a new email about bills - what are the NEW Bills?

    We are proud to introduce a new billing format located in the Payment Dashboard that groups like items together for you in an easy to read format - proudly reflecting KU's maroon AND gold coloring!  There is a section showing charges, one that shows payments and disbursed financial aid, one that shows refunds and then one that shows pending aid not yet disbursed.  There will still be a term summary and a copy of the schedule at the beginning of each semester.

    MyKU > KU Financial Account tile > Payment Dashboard - the upper left box is to make a payment, upper right box shows bills!  The older bills remain in MyKU under View Bills.

  • Why did I get an email with this link in it?

    You have charges or payments in the last month that are being prepared as a bill with an assigned due date. This could also be an activity of a payment (the bill is then the receipt).

  • How often do you bill?

    We bill at the beginning of each month when there is activity on the account (charges or payments), sometimes more often with initial semester billing.

  • Where can I find the actual bill?

    Bills are located right in MyKU > KU Financial Account tile > Payment Dashboard button on the left. Once on that page - the upper right box will show an icon to open your bill as a pdf document. This can be saved to your computer and used for any reimbursement purposes or funding sources like 529 plans. View Bills on the MyKU screen has your bill history.

  • What is included on the bill?

    Tuition, required fees, housing, and meal charges. Additionally, miscellaneous items such as ID replacements, parking tickets, health center visits may be included.

    Pending Aid will reduce the charges due. If you expected aid and don't see it, please contact Financial Aid urgently.

    Some aid may not pay miscellaneous items unless you grant permission before the charge is posted.

  • How much do I personally owe?

    On the NEW bill located on the Payment Dashboard, you will see various sections. Statement information - Charges section, Payments & Aid section, Refunds section and Pending Financial Aid section.  Term Summary - shows charges grouped by Tuition, General Fees, Miscellaneous, Housing and Meals.  The Total Due in the gold bar at the top will show you what we are expecting to be paid. If you expected pending aid and don't see any, contact Financial Aid urgently.

    On MyKU > KU Financial Account tile - when this opens charges and pending aid will show right on that screen as well.  The balance due is what we are expecting payment for.

    Click on the Payment Dashboard option to get to the NEW bill.

  • How can I make the payment?

    If you are trying to pay KU out of pocket, you can log into MyKU > KU Financial Account tile > Payment Dashboard. On the Payment Dashboard, you can make a payment in full or sign up for an open payment plan. We offer a lot of payment options. If you are using a 529/TAP account to pay us, please review what is needed by our office to secure the account.

  • When is the bill due?

    The Fall 2020 bill is due August 6, 2020. Please be sure to check online what the due date is for your specific charges. Late registrants may have a different due date. Changes to schedules, housing and meals, may alter some of the due dates.

  • What happens if I don't pay my bill by the due date?

    Using several factors the following are options that can occur if the bill is not paid in full on time.  Classes may be dropped. Room assignments may be removed. Late fees may be assessed. If classes are dropped, prepayment would be required to make a NEW schedule based on class availability at that time. The original schedule may no longer be available.

  • What is the Intent to Attend I am hearing about?

    This is a double-sized tile on the MyKU wall.  This is required every Fall and Spring semester for all students (undergraduate and graduate). Change the No to a Yes and click Save.

    This allows KU to report your enrollment to the state, shows us you are definitely going to attend the semester and will allow any aid you may be receiving to disburse when attendance is verified.

  • What does Fall Classes Safe mean in the Positive Indicators on KU Tasks?

    This positive indicator under KU Tasks means that we are considering the funds not yet here as valid payment at this moment. The classes the student has will not be dropped even if there is a balance due showing. Items that usually cause this positive indicator are having a payment plan in good standing, a confirmation of a 529 payment that is sufficient to cover the bill and other items.

  • What does Pending Funds mean in the Positive Indicators on KU Tasks?

    This positive indicator under KU Tasks means that we are only making a note about funds not yet here, but they are not a valid payment at this moment. The classes the student has are still in jeopardy of being dropped or late fees assessed as the funds are not enough to sufficiently cover the bill.

  • Why isn't my aid showing on the bill (not moving from awarded to pending)?

    There are many reasons why aid may not have moved from Awarded to Pending. Awarded aid if you will remember doesn't count towards your bill as a payment option, only Pending Aid does. Look at your KU Tasks tile - are there items in the To-Do line? If so, click on the line and take care of those items immediately.

    NEW Freshmen students and some Transfer students

    NEW Transfer students

    • Did you do your Entrance Counseling again for KU?  Is your MPN done?
    • Did you submit your Final HS transcript or Final College Transcript to Admissions?
    • Did you update your FAFSA to KU's code?

    Returning students

    • Did you file your FAFSA for 19/20 using 2017 taxes?


    • Were tax items requested by the Financial Aid office such as tax transcripts or W-2's or a verification form?  These items once turned in must be reviewed and aid will NOT show for up to 2 weeks.  Do NOT delay on responding.
    • Anything else seen as needed in the To Do's?

    Eligibility / Progress

    All students must make progress academically to meet financial aid progress requirements and receive federal aid. Students will receive a warning/probation semester if they are not meeting the requirements. The next semester, if they are still not meeting progress needs, they will no longer receive federal aid. This includes Stafford Loans, Parent PLUS loans, Pell Grants, SEOG grants and more.

  • I just can't pay this bill, what are additional funding options?

    We offer and share many additional ways to pay the bill other than paying it in full by the due date. We offer payment plans and share additional loan options

    Did you know if a student who is eligible to receive federal aid has a parent apply for a Parent PLUS loan and the parent is denied the Parent PLUS loan, with no other approvals on file, the student may be entitled to additional Stafford Unsubsidized Loans in their own name. This often can really bridge that gap in need. Financial Aid Services can provide more information as needed (610-683-4077).

  • I know my books aren't on my bill, but how can I use my aid to pay for my books?

    Books are critical for success! The earlier you can get them, the better. Since financial aid won't arrive until the 3rd week of the semester or later, we don't want you to wait for your overpayment refund to buy your books.

    We offer a bookstore account program at KU for our students who have Pending Aid that is greater than their charges. This will allow you an account for a specific amount of money you can cover at our KU Campus Store. Required texts, required supplies, and computers. This does not include paper, pencils, clothing and food purchases in the store. Review our website online and apply no sooner than 2 weeks before the fall or spring semesters. This program is not an option in the summer or winter.

  • My employer pays some of my bill, can I pay later after I turn in my grades?

    While we cannot postpone the due date for all of your charges, you may request for some of them to be deferred to a later due date assigned by KU. Students wishing to use this payment option, need to request an Employer Reimbursement Deferment using our online form. The student's proof of this benefit entitlement must be uploaded with the request form. In addition, the student making the request needs to pay $350 per course. The payment plan option is not available for these payments.

    1. Request deferment online
    2. Upload proof of benefit with an online request (email it separately if needed)
    3. Pay $350 per course

    All items are required by the due date assigned to be considered for this deferment. Previous delinquencies may result in a denial of this request.

    Approvals will be seen online in MyKU > KU Tasks tile > Positive Indicators

  • What is the Inclusive Access charge on my bill?

    Great question! Inclusive Access means a particular course or courses you are taking have online materials that we are making available to you from Day 1. These are guaranteed lowest prices and materials the professor feels will support your growth in their course. Please visit the KU Campus Store website for more information regarding Inclusive Access, your right to opt-out of using these materials and more.

  • I have small charges from last semester, will my next semester's aid pay them for me?

    No, I am sorry. The current semester or session aid cannot pay a prior semester or session. Therefore if you still owe funds from a prior semester or session, you will need to make payment to avoid a late fee, if not already assessed. If you have a hold on your account from non-payment of this prior semester or session amounts, you may be blocked from certain actions such as registration. Check your holds online in MyKU to see what the hold impacts. Warnings for example only block transcripts.

  • I am taking additional loans to help me pay for my off-campus housing, books and other necessities, how do I get this money?

    Refunds are released starting the 3rd week of the semester and only when the account is actually overpaid with disbursed aid (not pending or awarded). These refunds are released to students through our BankMobile refund program. For books, please see our bookstore account program.

    When you started at KU, you were mailed a green envelope. This mailing contained a refund code. Use that code and log into There you will choose how you will get any refunds you are due from KU while you are here. You can choose Direct Deposit to your own personal bank account (checking or savings) OR you can choose to open a bank account with BankMobile.

    If you have misplaced this green envelope, you can still go to and click on "Don't have a Code". Follow the steps to sign up for your refund preference.

    If you made a selection when you started at KU and need to change it, but can't remember your password information, you can click on Forgot Password at or call them at 866-730-6627. We cannot assist with resetting passwords, sorry.

    Parents sometimes get a refund if the refund is a direct result of a parent loan and the parent selected that they wanted any overpayments on their loan application. Parents will only get paper checks in the mail. Parents can designate on the loan application to allow overpayments to go to the student since the student has a direct deposit option for refunds.

  • I am still confused - what should I do?

    Call us 610-683-4133 or email us

    If you need Financial Aid help though - call them at 610-683-4077 or email them - they take a bit longer to reply to emails so please be patient or call them.

Quick Links
Need Help?

We are happy to help you navigate this experience!  Call us or email us today!

Local / Mailing Address
Kutztown University, 225 Stratton Administration Building, Kutztown, PA 19530

Overnight Address
Kutztown University, Office of Student Accounts, 15200 Kutztown Road, Kutztown, PA 19530

Explore More