Social Work Sustainable Lending Library
The Department of Social Work has developed a Sustainable Lending Library that will facilitate access to educational materials/resources throughout bachelor of social work students’ educational career. The library operates through the department and provides a lending service of essential educational materials to our students. Our initial fundraising goal is $ 55,000.
- Students consistently rely on textbooks available through limited physical reserves at the library.
- Lack of access to all required textbooks and other educational resources has been found to significantly decrease academic performance (McKenzie,2017).
- Many students struggle to afford textbooks and other educational materials due to basic need insecurity and affordability issues. (Whitford, 2018).
Your Contribution in Action
- Your $ 50-150 donation could assist one student with one textbook
- Your $ 950 donation could assist one student with textbooks through their entire BSW education
- Your $ 1,500-3,750 donation could support textbooks for an entire course.
- Donate what you can!