Council of Trustees Issues Resolution in Recognition of Charles Blocksidge at Thursday's September Meeting
KUTZTOWN, Pa. – The Kutztown University Council of Trustees recognized trustee Charles Blocksidge ’65 with a resolution to highlight the Council’s September board meeting Thursday afternoon.
The resolution was presented by trustee chair Robert Grim, esq., who shared a personal connection with Blocksidge.
- Earlier in Thursday’s meeting, the Council spoke on the newly renovated de Francesco Building, home to the College of Business and named after former university president Dr. Italo de Francesco.
- Grim, who grew up in Kutztown and whose father was on the KU Council of Trustees, was President de Francesco’s paper boy as a child. As part of the ribbon-cutting ceremony for the de Francesco Building, Grim was able to meet the family and grandchildren of President de Francesco in attendance.
- Blocksidge, a 1965 graduate, was awarded his diploma by President de Francesco, which was signed by Grim’s father, a trustee at the time. Blocksidge returned to KU to serve as a trustee in 2009, including time as chair from 2016-18, including leading the search for current university president, Dr. Kenneth S. Hawkinson.
- Thursday, Grim, son of the man who signed Blocksidge’s diploma, with the President who he helped hire (Hawkinson), presented Blocksidge the proclamation upon his retirement from the Trustees.
The resolution read:
- WHEREAS, Dr. Charles Blocksidge ’65 has served faithfully, earnestly, and with distinction throughout his tenure as a member of the Council of Trustees at Kutztown University for the past 14 years; and
- WHEREAS, Dr. Blocksidge has served Kutztown University as chairman of the Council of Trustees from 2016-18; and
- WHEREAS, Dr. Blocksidge has served as chair of the Finance Committee for many years; and provided exceptional oversight, support, and advice on all issues concerning finances and facilities; and
- WHEREAS, Dr. Blocksidge, in 2014-15, served on both the University President’s search and transition committees resulting in a successful transition of leadership at the university; and
- WHEREAS, Dr. Blocksidge has been a friend of Kutztown University, representing the community, making himself available for consultation, appearing at meetings and other events despite having to travel long distances, and showing resolve in difficult situations.
- NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that Dr. Charles Blocksidge be formally recognized, through this resolution, for his exemplary service to Kutztown University while serving in these many capacities on the Kutztown University Council of Trustees.
In other business, the KU Council of Trustees:
* Approved a resolution for Jesus A. Peña, Esq., vice president for Compliance, Equity and liaison for Legal Affairs, thanking him for his years of service to Kutztown University.
* Approved meeting minutes from June 8, 2023.
* Approved internship agreements with Tulpehocken Area School District, Tulpehocken, Pa.; Delaware Water Gap National, Milford, Pa.; HalfGenius, Ambler, Pa.; A Novel Idea Publishing, Jefferson Hills, Pa.; Boyd Wilson LLC, Lancaster, Pa.; The Washington Center and Wm. J. Perry, Washington, D.C.; The Mommy Consultant, St. Petersburg, FL; Adoptions from the Heart; School District of Springfield Township, Oreland, PA; Hamburg Area High School, Hamburg, PA; Horizon House; KUP Berks TASC Inc; SFM Consulting; Clinical Social Worker Associates; Safe Berks, Reading, PA; WYLN TV 35, Hazle Township, PA; Kinetic Physical Therapy, Collegeville, PA; Raging Chicken Press; Preventative Measures; Dahlia Rose Wellness Center, LLC; Capital Area School for the Arts, Harrisburg, PA; Above & Beyond Berks, LLC.
* Approved renewals of paid clinical experiences for graduate students with Kutztown Area School District, Reading Area School District, Whitehall Coplay School District, Tulpehocken School District, Parkland School District, Oley Valley School District, Haverford Township School District, Brandywine Heights School District, Fleetwood Area School District and Antietam School District.
* Approved of non-paid clinical experiences with Upper Perkiomen School District, Pottsville School District, Daniel Boone School District, Wilson Area School District, Twin Valley School District, Catasauqua Area School District, Exeter Township School District, Blue Mountain School District, Bethlehem Area Vocational Technical School, Pottsville School District, Daniel Boone School District, Genesis Administrative Services, LLC, dba Hopkins Center, Hamburg Area School District, Nationwide Children’s Hospital, Columbus, OH, Contemporary Counseling Solutions, LLC, West Chester, PA, Governor Mifflin School District, Schuylkill Valley School District and Tulpehocken Area School District.
* Approved Agreement of Academic Cooperation with the Philadelphia Housing Authority, Philadelphia, PA.
* Approved Memorandum of Understanding for Dual Credit with Pottsville Area School District.
* Approved Order of Succession Plan.
The KU Council of Trustees next public board meeting is scheduled for 3 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 2, 2023.