Council of Trustees Approve New Officers at June 2022 Meeting
Resolution presented to exiting chair Jim Ludlow. Left to right: Dr. Kenneth S. Hawkinson, university president; Mr. Jim Ludlow, chair, Council of Trustees; Mr. Robert Grim, Esq., vice chair, Council of Trustees.
KUTZTOWN, Pa. – The Kutztown University Council of Trustees approved its new officers to highlight the Council’s June 2022 board meeting Thursday afternoon.
In other business, the KU Council of Trustees:
* Approved minutes from April 28, 2022 meeting.
* Approved 26 internship agreements with Lehigh County Adult Probation and Parole; Women’s Center of Montgomery County; Sanctuary Integrated Center; Lehigh Township Police Department; Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom; LaCosta Canyon Football; USA Sports Group; Hidden Creek Farm; Berks Community Health Center; Next Level Video; PA Department of Transportation; Oshun Family Center; Everlasting Wellness Counseling; KU Campus Police; Morris County Sheriff’s Office; Right at Home, Saranda Home Health; Archway Lower School; Minerva Rising; Five Points Cricket Farm; The Power of the Patient Project; Study Breaks Magazine; Maple Grove Raceway; MoreFrames Animation; Lancaster Barnstormers; Comcast Cable; and Resilience, Inc.
* Approved affiliation agreements with five school districts: Antietam; Fleetwood Area; Governor Mifflin; Haverford; and Muhlenberg.
* Approved Letter of Understanding with Volkshochschule Reutlingen, Germany.
* Approved Letter of Understanding with Millersville University and Mansfield University.
* Approved Memorandum of Understanding with PA Department of Education.
* Approved the 2022-23 E&G budget.
* Approved the 2022-23 Winter Study Abroad program fees.
* Approved university Order of Succession Plan
* Approved slate of officers of the Council for a two-year term beginning July 1, 2022, including Mr. Robert Grim, Esq., chair; Mr. Dennis Giorno, vice chair; and Mr. Kevin Harden Jr., Esq., secretary.
* Approved the 2022-23 meeting schedule: Sept. 22, 2022; Nov. 3, 2022; Dec. 15, 2022; March 23, 2023; April 27, 2023; June 8, 2023; Aug. 3, 2023.
* Approved the resolution to recognize Mr. Jim Ludlow for his contributions and service.
The KU Council of Trustees next public board meeting is scheduled for 3 p.m., Thursday, Sept. 22.